A downloadable game for Windows, macOS, and Linux
Possession is a traditional turn-based roguelike where you play as a ghost trying to make your way to the surface. You are incredibly frail, but have one advantage: you can possess the bodies of the monsters you encounter, and use their strength and abilities as your own. Hop from body to body as you attempt to make it back to the surface.
Dozens of possessable monsters, from the horrifying to the hilarious, with a wide variety of powers.
Special themed levels with unique hazards, creatures and layouts. Randomly generated, and each floor has multiple possible levels, so each playthrough is different!
Item-less gameplay. The dead have no need for worldly possessions, they just slow you down.
Quick to pick up and play. Unlike most roguelikes, Possession doesn't require you to memorize dozens of weird key commands, or puzzle over confusing skill and ability lists before you start playing.
Entirely playable with just the keyboard, just the mouse, or a combination of the two.
Mod support! Add your own creatures, powers and special levels, or change the ones already there.
@ Choice between ASCII or Graphical mode, for the oldschool roguelike fans.
|Updated||8 days ago|
|Platforms||Windows, macOS, Linux|
|Tags||ascii, Dungeon Crawler, Ghosts, LÖVE, Perma Death, Pixel Art, possession, Procedural Generation, Roguelike, Turn-based|
|Average session||A few minutes|
In order to download this game you must purchase it at or above the minimum price of $10 USD. Your purchase comes with a Steam key. You will get access to the following files:
- Possession v13 (The Mausoleum Update) Released!8 days ago
- Possession v12 Released!55 days ago
- Possession v11 Released!72 days ago
- Version 10 (UI Scaling) Released!Oct 04, 2019
- Possession v 1.0.8a Released (Crash fix just for itch.io version)Sep 13, 2019
- Possession v 1.0.8 Released!Sep 08, 2019
- Possession v 1.0.7 (the zoom update) Released!Aug 15, 2019
- Version 1.0.6 (the minimap update) Released!Aug 04, 2019